Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kleber Challenge Grant $5000

This was sent by Tracey Kleber,

Dear Friends,

I am writing to you to share something that is near and dear to my heart. And to ask for your help....
If you have spent any time with me over the last two years, you have probably heard me talk about my friend Mia and her organization, Animals Without Limits (AWL). In fact, you may have seen pictures of me with her and the animals in Italy.
The mission of their organization is to rescue animals who don't have a voice....from the streets, from shelters, from abusive conditions in parts of the world where they do not have animal welfare structures like we do here in the United States.

One of Mia's most proud accomplishments working through AWL is the creation of Casa dell'Amore, a hospice/rehab center for dogs in Campania, Italy. Mia brings old/sick dogs to the hospice....many of whom have spent 10+ years in cages in horrible government shelters....and gives them love, food, a warm bed and a chance to walk on the grass before it is time to go across the Rainbow Bridge. For some it is a year or two. For others a few weeks. But they pass over knowing that someone has loved them.

It breaks my heart to hear from Mia that she is in danger of losing the hospice because she can't raise money fast enough to pay the rent. And that is where I am asking for your help.

I and my ex-husband Craig have made a Challenge Grant to AWL of $5000. We will match each dollar raised up to that amount. With $10,000 the animals would know that they have a home for most of the next year.

Can you help me?

Donations of all sizes would be appreciated. And I ask this in lieu of birthday presents, Christmas presents....or even the next round of drinks when we are out.

Donations can be made via PayPal at www.animalswithoutlimits.com. They are a registered 501c3 organization in the US, so your donation will be tax deductible. Make sure to add "Kleber Challenge Grant" as the purpose of your gift so we can track it. Thank you so much in advance for your help and compassion.

Much love from me and the animals....





No comments: